Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Fantasy football owners should get Chubb-y and other fantasy football stuff

Image Courtesy of Bing


Last week was the best of the season for my fantasy football team.  The Browns traded Carlos Hyde to the Jacksonville Jaguars, opening the way for Nick Chubb to get a lot more touches. Chubb responded with a nice 80 yard, one TD game.  In addition, Tarik Cohen is becoming more central to the Bears offense and Patrick Mahomes is the best QB in fantasy football.  On to this week.

I'll take this every week


Patrick Mahomes faces the Broncos defense while my opponent has Aaron Rodgers going up against the Rams.  At this point, I like Mahomes in any QB, matchup, even against Rodgers.  Plus, the Rams defense is tougher than that of the Broncos, whose D has been spotty this season.

Not loving the Drake, but liking him better


For most of the season, my running backs have been an issue, but I’m getting more stability in that area now.  Kenyan Drake hasn’t been what I had hoped for this season, but is getting better and at least has some big play potential, as his 54 yard TD run against the Lions demonstrated.  Has I had hoped for all year, Nick Chubb has become the Browns lead back.  Chubb also has big play potential and is getting goal line carries.  Both my RBs face tough challenges this week.  Chubb is up against the Steelers while Drake faces the Texans.

Kerryon will be carrying it for the Lions


My opponent has Kerryon Johnson facing the Seahawks and possibly Chris Ivory against the Patriots.  Johnson is becoming more of a force in the Lions running game.  Ivory may or may not be my opponent’s ultimate option this week.  Regardless, I like the running backs matchup for my team. 

Keep it up boys


At the WR/RB slot I have Tarik Cohen.  Cohen and the Bears face the Jets Sunday.  I really like Cohen this week.  My opponent has Nelson Agholor vs. the Jaguars.  Once again, advantage Team Lambert.

My receivers have been strength for my fantasy team all season.  Devante Adams is coming off a bye week and DeAndre Hopkins is averaging nearly 20 fantasy points per week.  Adams and the Packers are playing the Rams while Hopkins and the Texans host the Dolphins.  I look for typical production from both guys this week.  Hopkins may have the added advantage of a healthier DeShaun Watson.

It's like having cans of food, but no can opener


My opponent has Giants WRs, Odell Beckham Jr. and Sterling Shepard who are facing the Redskins defense.  I’d be more concerned if Eli Manning wasn’t the guy throwing the ball to them.  I like my receivers in this matchup.

Is Josh Gordon feeling the Patriots effect?


The flex matchup an interesting one.  I have Trey Burton who is coming off a great game against the Patriots, or I could go with Jared Cook.  Cook seems to be one of the few viable options the Raiders have on offense.  On the other side, my opponent has Josh Gordon.  Gordon is settling in nicely with the Patriots.  I have to give the edge to in this matchup.

Is Brock Osweiler really new and improved?


I have the Texans as my defense this week.  I think they can keep the Dolphins and Brock Osweiler in check. (But it’s okay if Kenyan Drake has a good day.)  The opposition has the Broncos defending the Chiefs.  He might want to look at that between now and Sunday.

Chance for long range field goals?


And finally, my opponent has Cody Parkey of the Bears as his kicker.  Parkey should be fine as long as he’s not counted on to kick a game winning field goal.  I’ve got the Jaguars Josh Lambo as my kicker.  Since I doubt the Jaguars will get into the end zone very much, I hope they can at least get into long field goal range, though I’m not terribly optimistic even about that.

Overall, I feel about as good about this matchup as possibly, but it’s the NFL so you never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment