Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Bulls get worse, Cavs get old and Thunder get redundant




Image Courtesy of Bing



There's been lots of NBA news recently. In Chicago, the Bulls bought out the final year of Dwyane Wade's contract. Wade subsequently signed a one year deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers. All this seems like much ado about nothing.

Wade wasn't going to be any good for the Bulls. It's a young team going nowhere. Wade's presence may have inhibited Bulls head coach, Fred Hoiberg. There are so many things wrong with that, I don't know where to start. 

Strangest rebuild I've ever seen

I don't think I've ever heard of a team building around a head coach before. I suspect it's because it's a stupid thing to do. The Bulls apparently are intent on finding players malleable enough to respond to Hoiberg's low level of leadership. This whole Iowa State head coach fetish the Bulls have is beyond me. This looks like Tim Floyd 2.0.

I honestly didn't think LeBron James would get together with DWade again. I didn't think Wade had much in the tank at the end of last year's playoffs and I doubt he's found the Fountain of Youth in the last couple of months. Even finding the Fountain of Middle Age would be an improvement.

While the Cavs are at it....


On top of that, LeBron James isn't getting any younger. I doubt the addition of Wade and another former Bulls guard Derrick Wade, will be enough to get the Cavs over the top. While the Cavs are at it, maybe they could add Kirk Hinrich. When evaluating the Cavs picking up DWade and DRose, I have to give their off season a D.

The New York Knicks finally unloaded Carmelo Anthony. Anthony was shipped to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Enes Kanter , Doug McDermott and a second round pick. I like the deal for the Knicks. I'm thinking if Kevin Durant couldn't get the ball away from Russell Westbrook, I don't thin Carmelo can. And expect to see Paul George to be on the court somewhere saying, “Hey guys, I'm open.” 

La La will love OKC


The OKC big three of Westbrook, Anthony and George doesn't strike me as a that potent. They are seem to me to be too close together in their skills to complement one another. A few years ago the Thunder had Durant, Westbrook and Hardin and still couldn't get it done. For the Thunder to be formidable, Westbrook will have to subjugate his ego. I don't think that will happen.

In retrospect, KD's move to the Warriors is more understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment