Sunday, June 23, 2019

Top 10 Fantasy Football RB values

Image Courtesy of Bing

I’m starting to get notifications for fantasy football drafts, so with that in mind I thought I started thinking about the best values in fantasy football running backs.  Last year my original top two running backs were Royce Freeman and Kenyan Drake.  Fortunately I did stash Nick Chubb in the later rounds of the draft but I had to wait half the year for him to help me.  Last year my team was driven by receivers Devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins.  Plus a middle round selection of Patrick Mahomes helped.  Still, I want more production from my running backs this season.  Here are some potential value picks at that slot.

10. Kareem Hunt:  Hunt’s off field issues have been well chronicled and he’ll be behind Nick Chubb in Cleveland but if he gets on the field, he can put up huge fantasy numbers. If he falls in to the mid/later rounds he could be worth a flyer to at least stash on your bench for future reference.

9. David Montgomery:  When it comes to fantasy football, the Bears probably aren’t a prime spot to look for a running back.  They have three good backs (I assuming Montgomery will be good) in Montgomery, Mike Davis and Tarik Hill.  I think there’s a chance Montgomery sees the most playing time of the three.  Once again, look for him in the later rounds of the draft.

8. Todd Gurley:  Health is the big issue here.  If Todd is healthy, he’s one of the premier players in your fantasy football draft.  If Todd drops far enough in your draft, take a flyer on him.  The Rams have shown concern about Todd’s health, so when it comes to drafting him, use due caution.

7. Phillip Lindsey:   Last year I kept waiting for Royce Freeman to eclipse Phillip Lindsay as the RB getting the most touches in the Broncos backfield.  I’m still waiting.  This season I’m much more aware and respectful of Lindsay.  Probably third round respectful.

6.  Marlon Mack:  It might just be me, but if=t seems like Mack goes under the radar.  If I can get in the third round I’d probably go for it.  Maybe even late second round depending on how the rest of the draft is sizing up.

5. Damien Williams:  With Kareem Hunt gone and Patrick Mahomes in the Chiefs QB, Williams has an opportunity to pile up a lot of fantasy points.  I’d look at him in the late second round/early third round. 

4. Delvin Cook:  As the primary back in the Vikings offense, Cook has a fairly high upside.  It’s possibly he could fall to the late second round.  Consider him at that point.  If he stays healthy he could make for a nice payoff.

3. Kerryon Johnson:  The question is how often Kerryon will be carrin the ball for the Lions.  It’s unusual to look to the Lions for a fantasy football RB, but in this case, it might be a good idea.  Johnson had a nice rookie season and has some real upside.  Especially as a pass receiver.  I’m fairly bullish on Johnson as a fantasy back.  Probably second round bullish.

2. Jordan Howard:  Howard had a down season with the Bears in 2018 and still ran for 935 yards and nine TDs.  He also caught 20 passes for another 145 yards.  He could produce as much as guys going a fair bit higher in the draft.  If you can get him in the late third round or later he could be a bargain.

1. Kenyan Drake:  Last year Kenyan Drake was my third round pick I was disappointed.  This year I expect better production from Drake.  That’s based primarily on the fact that Frank Gore will be in Buffalo.  Drake supplements his rushing yards with pass catching talent and a knack for finding the end zone.  If I see him in the third round I might give him another shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment